Tuesday, September 24, 2013

“THE ONLY MAN-MADE THING IN HEAVEN” - Bulletin 9-22-13

“THE ONLY MAN-MADE THING IN HEAVEN”

Several years ago when we lived in South Jersey, I arrived at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (C.H.O.P.) to visit a patient.  I watched from a distance as the security officer stopped every vehicle, checking each driver.  I had my visiting minister’s badge on and was ready in advance for his triad of questions: “Who are you?”  “Why are you here?” and “What’s the name of the person you’re here to visit?”  

But, I was ill-prepared for his fourth question: “OK, Preacher, tell me what will be the only man-made thing in heaven?”  I sat behind the wheel of my truck quietly thinking.  With cars waiting behind me, I resignedly said, “Sorry, I have no clue.  What will be the only man-made thing in heaven?”  The officer quickly replied, “The wounds of Jesus!”  He smiled.  I gulped.  And on the way into the parking garage I whispered, “Thank You, Jesus!”




God is good all the time and all the time God is good!
Mr. Steve 

No comments:

Post a Comment