Sunday, September 8, 2013

At Home - Bulletin 8-25-13


At Home

The boxes are off the truck(s) and in our house “neatly” stacked up!   Thank ‘YOU ALL’ for your help, love and encouragement: moving us in; feeding us; moving us in again!  You haven’t spoiled us, but you sure have wet our appetites for what “family” means around here.  Plus, our neighbors pitched in and helped like we were part of their family!
Steve, Patti and Jessica Sikes have been blessed!  In our entire move, we had just the right amount of help at just the right time, every time!   Reminds me of Romans 5: 6 “For while we were still helpless, AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME Christ died for the ungodly.”
In Indiana and New Jersey the children called me “Mr. Steve”.  Every Sunday morning before our worship assembly, the children would come up front to hear me tell a Bible story, teach them a song, and pray.  During this precious time one or more children would invariably say something like, “Mr. Steve, guess what happened to me yesterday.” or “Mr. Steve, can you come to my birthday party?” …and so on – “Mr. Steve” this, “Mr. Steve” that, “Mr. Steve”, “Mr. Steve”.
         I can’t tell you how thrilled I was the other day when a child came up and gave me a hug and called me Mr. Steve.  I immediately felt right at home! 
         And Jesus said, “Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.  Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.”  Mark 10:14-15
God is good all the time and all the time God is good.  Mr. Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment