Sunday, September 8, 2013

MERCY CAME RUNNING - Bulletin 9-8-13



“MERCY CAME RUNNING!”

I found myself on my knees on an office floor surrounded by three godly men, all “Aaron’s” and “Hur’s” to me (Exodus 17:10-13).  For years, these three men had been my main source, outside my own family, of encouragement and support.

Now at my darkest hour they had come together to lay their hands on me and pray over me.  Each one poured out his heart to God on my behalf.  I was humbled yet so thirsty for their advocacy.  When the third brother began praying he started with the following six words: “God have mercy!  Christ have mercy!”  Over and over he prayed the same six words…. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes!  “God have mercy!  Christ have mercy!”

Years later I look back on this particular moment as my ‘Red Sea’ experience.  I was trapped – hemmed in from in front and behind – with no foreseeable way out.  But at just the right time, MERCY CAME RUNNING!  The waters parted and my family and I walked through our “valley of the shadow” on dry land!  “God have mercy!  Christ have mercy!”

“MERCY CAME RUNNING”
by Phillips Craig & Dean


Once there was a holy place evidence of God's embrace
And I can almost see Mercy's face pressed against the veil
Looking down with longing eyes Mercy must have realized
That once His blood was sacrificed freedom would prevail
And as the sky grew dark and the earth began to shake
With justice no longer in the way
Mercy came running like a prisoner set free
Past all my failures to the point of my need
When the sin that I carried was all I could see

And when I could not reach Mercy   
 Mercy came running to me

"And His mercy is upon generation after generation toward those who fear Him.”  Luke 1:50
God is good!  Mr. Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment