Sunday, September 8, 2013

SURRENDER - Bulletin 9-1-13



SURRENDER!
I’m convinced that everyone has something they need to surrender: a stubborn will, an addiction, having their way, a pet peeve… a sinful life!  It is humbling to note that Jesus had to surrender more than any of us in order for us to receive Him!  The Bible reveals that Jesus surrendered: 
  • Heaven for earth
  • His will for the Father’s will
  • His throne for the cross
  • His life for our death

About thirty years ago, I listened to a message by Ted Kell from Matthew 2:7-12, concerning the gifts Jesus received from the magi.  (I’ve still got his notes in my Bible!)  Each of the magi’s gifts was specific to who Jesus was and His mission:  GOLD was an ancient gift for a KING; FRANKINCENSE – a gift for a PRIEST; and MYRRH was used to embalm dead bodies.  In other words, our Jesus was:
  • Born a King!
  • Born a Priest!  And…
  • BORN TO DIE!
Amazing!  Jesus surrendered before He was even born (Philippians 2:5-11) – before the WORD became flesh!  In fact, Jesus’ entire life on earth can be encapsulated by the word SURRENDER!  The Bible states: Jesus was led by the Spirit (Matthew 4:1); He did nothing on His own initiative (John 5:30); and He came to do the Father’s will, not His own (Luke 22:42).  

My greatest battle is Satan using my wants and my way to sabotage my desire of being God’s man and His alone. Sound familiar? SURRENDER is a constant companion of every believer who truly desires  God to have HIS WILL AND HIS WAY IN THEIR LIVES!  How about it?  ALL TO JESUS I .....   

GOD IS GOOD!   Mr. Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment