Thursday, July 28, 2016

MEN OF COURAGE

“For years, I struggled with understanding his tears... tears of a broken man... hearing the stories that he would start, but could not finish telling... Then, there was seeing his deep faith/dependence in GOD... every evening he would sit at the dining room table and study his Bible... he prayed about almost everything... he served others... he gave liberally, yet was very frugal... he expected everyone to give 110% of themselves, like he did... it wasn't that he was a melancholy personality... I'm now sure he suffered from PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) most of his life.  

My dad, Clayton Klein, was 9 years old when he was sitting on the front porch of the country store and witnessed his dad, Gus Klein, burn to death. Over the next 10+ years, my dad witnessed death again and again and again... tuberculosis and meningitis taking one family member after another.... WW2 taking one buddy/comrade after another... he was a witness of death... again... and again... and again... Yet, my dad modeled for me again and again and again: "Life is sooo hard, but GOD is soooooo good." I am eternally grateful for my heavenly FATHER and my earthly Father.”
  Patti Klein Sikes

After all he had been through, Patti’s dad, Clayton Klein, chose courage... again... and again... and again!!
Joshua, who was bent toward fear, chose courage.  And because of that choice, Joshua later made the following choice: 
Joshua 24:15 “And if it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve… but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."                                                           
After listening to Paul, I believe “timid” Timothy also chose courage.  
2 Timothy 1:6-7 “For this reason I remind you (Timothy) to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.  For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.” 

  • CHOICE:  Believe it or not, COURAGE IS A CHOICE. And the choice to allow the Holy Spirit to lead us in courage, is a courageous choice! Richard Burgess, who passed this a.m., chose courage.  He fought the good fight to the end!  What about you?  God is good.  Mr. Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment