Tuesday, June 24, 2014

MAMA - Bulletin 05-11-14

  “MAMA”
“Save me, because I serve you just as my mother did.”  Psalm 86:16 
As David shared about his mother’s faith, so shall I.  Mama Sikes has always been there for me!   She's still my biggest fan - telling me I can do anything.  She's my heroine of faith and prayer warrior.  She taught me to pray to God for the littlest of things, like missing socks.  "Stephen, God wants to hear from you about everything" she’d encourage.  
She taught me how to read and mark my Bible, memorize Scripture, develop a lesson, live a life.  She was my Dad's secretary at the Children's Home, barber for 65 boys, chorus director – plus, the mother of 13 kids! 
This Friday my mother turns 4 score and six (86 years).  Six years ago this week, I wrote down 80 reasons why I love Mom! Among the top of the list: when I think of someone being Jesus in my life - she's my first thought; she’s extremely positive, yet, always un-afraid to confront me in love when needed; she's the one person I want praying for my marriage, my family, my future because she believes God answers prayer and is GOOD ALL THE TIME!
Mom was faithfully married to Dad, who passed last October, for over 65 years.  Yet, she was not a Christian when they married.  Dad is the one who led Mom to our LORD!  Thanks, Dad.  
I’ll brag anytime on the blessing and difference Mom has been in my life, but especially today!  Thank you, God, for molding Mama Sikes into your likeness.  You are good! Mr. Steve 

God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!  Mr. Steve                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment