Tuesday, June 24, 2014

“CATCH DAD” - Bulletin 06-15-14

CATCH DAD

Over the years I’ve read many books and articles on marriage and parenting, listened to a number of tapes and have attended an abundance of workshops concerning family.  (I’m a slow learner.) The following are a few excerpts worthy of your consideration:

ON RULES – “If you’re not going to make them do what you tell them, don’t tell them to do it.” 

ON PARENTING – “Love them; Listen to them; Lead them; Limit them; and Let them go!”  (The 5 “L’s” of Rearing Children by Kirk Talley)  

ON EXAMPLE – “CATCH DAD” by Herbert Parker
To get his goodnight kiss he stood
Beside my chair one night
And raised an eager face to me
A face with love alight.
And as I gathered in my arms
The son God gave to me
I thanked the lad for being good
And hoped he'd always be.
His little arms crept 'round my neck
And then I heard him say
Four simple words I can't forget-
Four words that made me pray.
They turned a mirror on my soul
On secrets no one knew
They startled me, I hear them yet
He said, "I'll be like you."      
Blessings on Father’s Day, 2014. 

God is good all the time and all the time God is good!  Mr. Steve 


                  

No comments:

Post a Comment