Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I Marvel At the Wisdom of My God! - Bulletin 05-18-14

   I Marvel At the Wisdom of My God!
Reading through the wisdom passages, in the book of Proverbs this week, has brought back a flood of memories. When I was in the 5th grade I remember walking home from school and encountering a funeral procession of cars passing between me and my house.  Unusual for the occasion, the mourners in the vehicles seemed overly-occupied with what was going on in our front yard.  When the road was clear and I crossed the street, I quickly discovered their distraction.  

Sitting on the grass, clad only in a diaper, was my two year-old brother, Stewart, straddling a large, silver wash pan full of water.  He was working with all his might to keep all of our three baby goslings (Biblically named: Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego) under water at the same time.  The harder he pushed two goslings under, one would pop up, and then the next one, etc.  

Remembering our goslings “popping up” to the water’s surface jogged my memory of the following children’s song:                                   
I Marvel at the Wisdom of my God!

“O they crucified the Father's only Son. When they laid Him in the tomb they thought they'd won. But just like the little lilies, He pushed up the heavy sod. I marvel at the wisdom of my God!
                                                                        Chorus: I marvel at the wisdom of my God. I marvel at the wisdom of my God. When I see the little lilies pushing up the heavy sod, I marvel at the wisdom of my God.”

The Psalmist prophesied almost 1000 years before Christ’s death, burial and resurrection that God would not allow His Holy One to remain in the grave and undergo decay (Psalm 16:10)!  No matter how hard death’s hand worked at pushing and trying to keep our Jesus down – UP FROM THE GRAVE HE AROSE!  


God is good all the time and all the time God is good!  Mr. Steve 

No comments:

Post a Comment