Saturday, April 12, 2014

FOLLOWSHIP - Bulletin 03-30-14

 FOLLOWSHIP!

Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me (Matthew 16:24).”    
True or False: 
_____One of the easiest things in the world to do is…… FOLLOW!  
_____One of the hardest things in the world to do is……FOLLOW!
Which one is TRUE?  YES!   It is so easy to follow the crowd and do what everyone else does and say what everyone else says.  It is so hard to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and go where He leads and do what He says!
AS THE GREATEST LEADER OF ALL TIME, JESUS MAJORED IN BEING LED …. FOLLOWSHIP!                                                                                                          “Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil (Matthew 4:1).”  
"Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner (John 5:19).” 
"I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me (John 5:30).” 
In 1890, Ernest W. Blandly wrote the words to the old song “Where He Leads Me I Will Follow.”  Sing the first verse and refrain with me: 

I can hear my Savior calling, I can hear my Savior calling, I can hear my Savior calling,“Take thy cross and follow, follow Me. “Where He leads me I will follow, Where He leads me I will follow, Where He leads me I will follow; I’ll go with Him, with Him, all the way.”
                                                                                                                 If you asked Jesus where leadership begins, i believe He would say, “FOLLOWSHIP!”  But not just any kind of followship HOLY SPIRIT FOLLOWSHIP!  “For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God (Romans 8:14).”
 God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!  Mr. Steve                       

No comments:

Post a Comment