Saturday, April 12, 2014

HAVE YOU FOUND YOUR SONG? - Bulletin 04-13-14


HAVE YOU FOUND YOUR SONG?

Since PSALMS has become a vital part of our daily reading through the Bible, here’s a “psalm story” by Annie Chapman: 

“All alone, she sat in the back of the church. The rest of the 500 women at the women's conference that weekend had already exited the auditorium. I was gathering up my books, papers, and props when I saw her at the back of the room.  I walked over to where she was sitting; her head was bowed low, and her shoulders were drooping. I sat down, and she began to tell me her story.

She was the mother of three. Her oldest son, suffering from muscular dystrophy, had been confined to a wheelchair for most of his 17 years. Her other two children had a variety of learning and emotional challenges.

With her head still bent, she whispered, "I'm married to a mean, hateful man who makes my life miserable. He won't help me with our son. He even refuses to help while I hold our son when he goes to the bathroom.”

"I buried my father this week," the woman continued. "At the funeral I learned that my father had disinherited me from his estate because he hated my husband."  Then she told me something that still haunts me: "I came this weekend with one prayer," she said. "I asked God to kill my husband. I prayed, 'Lord, I need a way out! I feel like a bird in a cage.'"

Finally she lifted her eyes and said, "When I prayed that prayer, God spoke to me as clearly as I've ever sensed His voice. He said, 'Even a bird in a cage sings.'"

With tears running down her face she asked, "What am I supposed to do with that? How do I live with that answer?"  Feeling utterly impotent, I replied, ‘If God says,'sing,' you need to find your song.’”
-----
HAVE YOU FOUND YOUR SONG?  Psalms 27:6  “Surrounded by my enemies... I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy...”  
             
God is good!  Mr. Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment