Tuesday, August 19, 2014

3 Questions for Peter - Bulletin 08-17-14

“3 Questions for Peter”

To all partakers of the divine nature: We all remember Peter denied the Lord three times before a certain rooster began the day.  OK.  I’ve denied the Lord before.  Haven’t you?

The major point is that Peter didn’t end his life denying the Lord.  He repented.  He changed.  He grew.  And God used him the rest of his life, in a powerful way, to testify and confirm Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior!  God also gave Peter “Holy Spirit insights” to help Christians grow and make an eternal difference in other’s lives -- exhorting all of us to NEVER stumble!
Ah…here’s Peter now.  Go ahead.  Ask him the following three questions and see what he says:
1. Peter, how do I grow more in grace and peace during the rest of 2014?
“Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.” (2 Pet 1:2)
2. Peter, how do I make sure my life in 2014 will make a difference and be fruitful?
“…for if these qualities (faith, moral excellence, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, and love) are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (2 Peter 1:8)
3. Peter, how can I make sure I will never stumble this year or next? 
“Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things (adding to your faith: moral excellence; knowledge; self-control; perseverance; god-liness; brotherly kindness; and love) you will never stumble.”  (2 Peter 1:10)
Now that’s 3 truths to CROW about!  

4. Peter, what does any of this have to do with being called aliens (1 Peter 2:11)?  Now that’s 4 Questions! Maybe Phillip will answer this one in his lesson this morning.  God is good!  Mr Steve

2 comments:

  1. oK! I was very wrong! Peter has a lot to say, the things I should have been working on would have solved most of my problem in 2014 & 2015. I should be working more on changing me. if I am now understanding Peter, it is now about me, it is just if you work on yourself with faith, moral excellence, kindness..self control and the rest, you won't be eating so much crow?

    ReplyDelete