Friday, August 15, 2014

HAVE PATIENCE - Bulletin 08-03-14

“HAVE PATIENCE”
“Live in peace with one another.  We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone.”  1 Thessalonians 5:13-14
Patience is not only a command; it can be a lifesaver!  Yesterday, during our one day VBS at the Barnacles, we sang an old song I used to teach to children in Indiana, Nebraska and Texas – HAVE PATIENCE.  Here’s how the song played out several years ago in New Jersey:
I was traveling in the rain, returning from a nursing home, when I came to the traffic light at Lamb’s Road.    I remember my patience being stretched as I waited for car after car to pass – all spaced at “perfect” intervals blocking me from turning left. 
Less than one minute later, I was praying a prayer of thankfulness for my temporary delay!   As I started to round the curve, by the lake, I watched helplessly as a car spun out of control in the other lane and skidded over into my path doing a 180 degree turn right in front of my truck.  No one was hit.  No one was hurt.  Thank You, God, for my wait at Lamb’s Road Crossing
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.  The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.”  Psalm 46:10-11
Waiting on God is a discipline; waiting on others is a virtue; waiting on traffic may in fact be a lifesaver!  
Children’s Song: “There was a snail called Herbert, he was so very slow.  He caused a lot of traffic jams wherever he would go…Have patience!  Have patience!  Don’t be in such a hurry…”    GOD IS PATIENT!  GOD IS GOOD!  Mr. Steve

A special “Thank You” to Hiyas and Scott Quelle for organizing our VBS; Bill and Ryna Barnacle for hosting our VBS; and all our teachers and workers!

No comments:

Post a Comment