Saturday, February 1, 2014

SUPER BOWL VERSE - Bulletin 02-02-14


SUPER BOWL VERSE
We all need a future and a hope…especially when we realize calamity is coming or we are already in the middle of it!  Our little church family has suffered much in the past weeks and months, just read our prayer requests! 
There is a game I have not played in years called “Hide & Seek”.  As a child I remember the anticipation of almost being found but then there were times I dearly wanted to be found.  As a young parent, I connected with my small children when we would play this game and I would hear my youngest daughter say, “I’m over here, Daddy!  Come find me!”
My daughter’s words bring to mind God’s words of comfort through His prophet Jeremiah to a people headed for 70 years of captivity:  “For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD,' plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heartAnd I will be found by you,' declares the LORD...’”  Jeremiah 29:11-14 
Again, we all need a future and a hope.  Hope: Praying to the Lord, knowing He is listening.  Hope: Seeking the Lord, and finding Him.  Hope: Being restored and gathered in His arms; NOW THAT’S SOME FUTURE! 
One of my definitions of loneliness is “Hiding and having no one to seek and find you” ....BECAUSE THE BEST PART OF BEING LOST IS BEING FOUND!
There is another game being played today that will command the attention of over 100 million viewers.  Each 30-second TV commercial will cost around $4 million!  When all is said and done, however, today’s game is still just a game! But Jeremiah 29:11-14 is not a game.  It is a “SUPER BOWL VERSE” that describes the very character and heart of God!
This verse testifies that God desires: to be searched for; to be found; to give a future; and to give hope.  Seeking someone who loves you dearly, who in turn greatly desires to be found and reconnected with you is not just my youngest daughter’s plan, but GOD’S ETERNAL SUPER DUPER PLAN!                                         
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!  Mr. Steve                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment