Saturday, February 1, 2014

JEWISH PASSOVER: abbreviated version - Bulletin 01-26-14


    JEWISH PASSOVER: abbreviated version   
            
 Made up of 3 Parts and 4 Cups: The Four Cups represent the four expressions of deliverance promised by God 

Exodus 6:6-7:         
"I will bring out," "I will deliver," "I will redeem," and "I will take."

Part 1. Two Cups  
   *Cup of Consecration/Sanctification “I will bring you out”
     The Four Questions Asked at the Passover Meal by the Youngest   
     one Present: Why is this night different from all other nights…
1) Why on other nights do we eat leavened or unleavened bread but tonight only unleavened bread?
2) Why on other nights do we eat any kind of herb, but tonight only bitter herbs and we dip twice? 
3) Why on other nights do we eat flesh roast, stewed, or cooked, but this night all is roast?
4) Why on other nights do some sit and others recline, but this night all recline?
(The father took this occasion in answering these questions to share with the family again the story of Jewish history “beginning with the disgrace and ending with the glory.”)
  Sing Psalm 113-114
   *Cup of Praise “I will deliver you from their bondage”

Part 2. Meal 
“The meal proper began with the blessing of unleavened bread, to which the guests said ‘Amen.’  Each person used bread to scoop food from the dish and tasted at least some of the lamb.”  (Ferguson)

Part 3. Two Cups
   *Cup of Redemption “I will redeem you with an outstretched arm” 
  Sing Psalm 115          
   *Cup of Praise “I will take you for My people, and I will be your God”
  Sing Psalm 118  (Fifth cup poured but not drunk)

No comments:

Post a Comment